Australia Style and Travel Guide….
After three weeks of roos, rainbows, and Snapper Rocks, I packed up my (now slightly heavier for some reason) carry-on bag and headed back to San Diego. In case you missed it, here are some style and travel highlights from my 3 weeks in Sydney, Melbourne and the Gold Coast. Where to go, what to do, and what to wear…(click on the photos above and below for complete blog posts and to shop the looks)
HIGHLIGHTS- TOP THINGS TO DO IN SYDNEY:
What to do?
Sydney has some great areas to explore. Stroll, shop and sip around, Circular Quay, the Rocks, and Bondi, then take a ferry to Manly Beach.
Where to eat?
- Pure: an organic and wholefoods deli with outstanding fresh salads, raw desserts and juices.
- Pony Lounge. It’s a small plates restaurant in the Rocks (the oldest part of the city).
- North Bondi Italian (a must)
- Mojo’s on Campbell Parade (Spanish/a lil’ bit of Basque)
- Anchor Bar
Where to shop?
Take the ferry over to Manly Beach. There are countless numbers of small, boutique shops and surf shops to explore. One of my favorites…
- The Shop Next Door: A fun place to froth-out on some retro boards and clothing.
HIGHLIGHTS- TOP THINGS TO DO IN MELBOURNE:
What to do?
- In Melbourne: Eat, drink and stroll around the Yarra. Stick to the smaller side streets for good shopping.
- Around: if you have a car, which you should, take the drive along the Great Ocean Road. Read about it HERE
- Lawn Bowling! You’ll find clubs in every town. Find out when they have an open day, then go. Read about it HERE
- Pet a kangaroo. The nice kind.
Where to eat/drink?
- Chin Chin: South East Asian-inspired)
- Little Creatures: brewery)
- The Crown Casino (The Atlantic): fancy smancy seafood + oyster bar)
- Ponyfish Island: a bar in the center of the Yarra
- Chuji: Izakayu-style Japanese
- Di Bella Roasting Warehouse: best coffee you’ll ever have
HIGHLIGHTS- TOP THINGS TO DO ON THE GOLD COAST:
What to do? If you have a car, you should spend some time…
- In Coolangatta- Some of the country’s best surf breaks are in Coolangatta. More in where to eat/drink in Coolangatta HERE
- In Yamba- more world-class surfing. More on Yamba HERE
- In Byron Bay- you’ll find some great shops and places to eat here. If I had teh chance, I would have spent several days in Byron. More on Byron Bay HERE
- Time Traveling in Coolangatta
- Driving up to the Sunshine Coast
- On Fraser Island- drive a few hours on the beach, then hop on a ferry, then drive some more on the largest sand island in the World! The highlight is a lake made of pure raindrops. More on Fraser Island HERE
Thanks for following my Aussie adventures!
* About the author: Nicki is the voice inside your…SWELL emails & social networks. See more from her Australia Style & Travel Guide HERE
Click to see WHAT I PACKED